Principles for Remote Teaching and Learning
Self-Paced Course Open for Registration
USBE has partnered with UEN to provide Utah educators a self-paced Canvas course to support best practices for remote teaching and learning.
This course explores best practices for:
- designing asynchronous and synchronous learning opportunities for students,
- providing flexibility for student needs and circumstances,
- facilitating positive and constructive feedback in all areas of learning,
- techniques for maintaining active engagement in a remote setting,
- communicating effectively with students and their families, as well as
- highlighting newly created resources and USBE staff recommendations for essential standards in the content areas for PreK-12.
This course may be completed for 1 USBE credit and/or can be explored as a resource to support the efforts to plan for the upcoming school year. Educators may register for “Principles for Remote Learning” now by clicking this link. The course opens this week and is facilitated entirely in Canvas.
Please share this opportunity widely with your educators so that they can be prepared for what they are likely to encounter in the 2020-2021 school year.
Questions? Contact: Katie Dewey-Hill