What’s New at SEDC?
- 2019 UCET Conference – March 5-6 in Provo, Utah – Registration Open
The 2019 Utah Coalition for Educational Technology, or UCET Conference , will be held this year in Provo at the Utah Valley Convention Center on Tuesday, March 5 – Wednesday, March 6, 2019. UCET is the largest educational technology conference in Utah, and is an incredible experience to attend and opportunity to learn from the best in our state. Learn more about the Conference Keynote Speakers, new venue and meals.
As soon as presentations are approved, you can check out the amazing conference schedule on Sched: https://ucet2019.sched.com
- Registration Open – Edcamp St. George – Feb. 2, 2019
- Spring 2019 Math Endorsement Class- NEW COHORT STARTING
Spring 2019 Math Endorsement Class- NEW COHORT STARTING
We are ready to start registration for the Spring 2019 Math Endorsement Class: K-8 EDUC 5500 Numbers and Operations for Practitioners. This is the first course in a new cohort, so if you have been waiting to start at the beginning THE TIME IS NOW!
This class will be offered on Mondays starting January 7 – May 6, from 3:30 pm to 6:30 pm.
IVC will be used to offer this class. There are four designated locations where you can attend, but we are more than happy to add more if needed. We try to make it possible for you to attend within your school district so there is no travel.
Here is the SEDC Registration Form for the class and to distribute to others who may be interested. (This link will only register you with SEDC you will also need to complete UVU registration for college credit).
Please download the class flyer to print and share with others who may be interested.
Please see the below information to register at UVU for credit . We are encouraging teachers to complete the admission, registration, and payment of fees processes prior to the beginning of class.
If you plan on taking this course and receiving UVU credit, you must register through UVU for the class by carefully following the attached instructions. If you have previously completed the admission process, then all you need to do is go online, follow the registration instructions on page 2, and then pay the course registration fee. If this is the first UVU endorsement class that you have taken, then you will need to first complete the admission instructions and then register for the class. Register NOW since you have only 3 weeks from the start of class to complete the registration process.
John Allan is the UVU Endorsement Program Coordinator. If you have concerns and/or questions related to UVU or the Endorsement Program, he is the person to contact. He is more than willing to help you with this process. His contact information is as follows:
John W. Allan
Endorsement Program Coordinator
Utah Valley University, School of Education
Phone: (801) 863-7614
- Spring 2019 ETEP Courses – Registration Open!
Spring 2019 ETEP Courses – Registration Open!
Our next round of Educational Technology Endorsement Program courses are now ready for registration. The following courses will begin on January 10:
- Digital Photography in the Classroom, IELP 5500-368 – This workshop introduces teachers to the use of digital cameras to enhance student learning. Participants learn basic skills in taking and editing digital photos while exploring how digital photography can be integrated into project-based lessons that engage students in curricula. In addition to gaining hands-on experience with digital cameras and free software for photo editing, participants create a multimedia project they can use in the classroom. This course fills the ISTE Standard 1 requirement.
- Digital Portfolios for College and Career Readiness, IELP 5514-370 – Help prepare your students for future endeavors in both the academic and professional setting by developing a digital portfolio. In this course we will explore resources for college and career research, resume writing, and college entrance essay writing practice. We will conclude by learning how to build a digital portfolio to showcase student achievement. This course fills the ISTE Standard 3 requirement.
Starting on February 28:
- Online Tools for Flexible Formative Assessments, IELP 5950-365 – Effective formative assessment can transform the teaching and learning experience and dramatically improve student learning outcomes. This course focuses on why formative assessment is important and how to effectively use it in the classroom with the help of several online tools. The participants in this course will learn to use free assessment tools like Answer Garden, Padlet, Socrative, Kahoot!, ClassKick, and NearPod to help them formatively assess their students’ learning. This course fills the ISTE Standard 2 requirement.
Contact Clint with any questions.
Looking for more options? Our sister Service Center, Central Utah Educational Services (CUES) is also offering courses within the EdTech Endorsement. Below are the courses they are offering, beginning on January 10:
- Classroom Integration of Educational Technology , 12 week, 3 credit core course
- Utah’s Online Library: Secondary Grades, fills Utah’s Online Library requirement
- Game-Based Learning and Gamification , fills ISTE Standard 1 requirement
Starting on February 28:
- Teaching and Learning with iPads, fills ISTE Standard 3 requirement
- Can’t Find it? View the Legacy SEDC Website
SEDC Legacy Website
Can’t find what you are looking for? Our new site still has some work left to be done, so if you can’t find what you are looking for, head to our old site:
- Interested In An Educational Technology Endorsement? Earn It Through SEDC
Learn more about our online Educational Technology Endorsement Courses at SEDC
SEDC is working in cooperation with the Utah Education Network (UEN), the Utah State Board of Education (USBE) and Southern Utah University (SUU) to provide professional learning opportunities to earn an Educational Technology Endorsement Program (ETEP) endorsement for teachers in our region. These courses will be held entirely online through the Canvas learning management system.
The ETEP endorsement consists of 18 credit hours of courses: 3 3-credit core courses (9 credit hours) which are focused on many of the core concepts in educational technology integration. An additional 6 credits of courses focused on technology to support your curriculum, and 3 credits of courses where you use technology to enhance your professional practice are required as electives. These 5000-level credits will be awarded through SUU at a cost to participants of $23 per credit to record.
Teachers following in-step with the SEDC ETEP plan will complete this endorsement in 2 years, but we plan on offering these courses on a continual rotating basis, so you are free to jump in anytime that you can. Credit earned in the program can also be used for salary lane changes. Coursework can be applied towards a Master’s degree program from either Southern Utah University or the University of Utah.
Our next round of courses will begin September 6, 2018, but if you are interested you can join in at anytime. The courses offered during the 2018-2019 school year begin about every 2 months and run for 6 weeks. We will begin the 12-week core courses in early September 2019. Take a look at the upcoming courses we will offer!
- Academic Pathway to Teacher (APT/ARL) Licensure Program for Service Centers
Learn more about the Academic Pathway to Teacher (APT) or Alternative Route to Licensure (ARL) Licensure Program .
If you are interested, please fill out this form .