Spring 2019 ETEP Courses – Registration Open!
Our next round of Educational Technology Endorsement Program courses are now ready for registration. The following courses will begin on January 10:
- Digital Photography in the Classroom, IELP 5500-368 – This workshop introduces teachers to the use of digital cameras to enhance student learning. Participants learn basic skills in taking and editing digital photos while exploring how digital photography can be integrated into project-based lessons that engage students in curricula. In addition to gaining hands-on experience with digital cameras and free software for photo editing, participants create a multimedia project they can use in the classroom. This course fills the ISTE Standard 1 requirement.
- Digital Portfolios for College and Career Readiness, IELP 5514-370 – Help prepare your students for future endeavors in both the academic and professional setting by developing a digital portfolio. In this course we will explore resources for college and career research, resume writing, and college entrance essay writing practice. We will conclude by learning how to build a digital portfolio to showcase student achievement. This course fills the ISTE Standard 3 requirement.
Starting on February 28:
- Online Tools for Flexible Formative Assessments, IELP 5950-365 – Effective formative assessment can transform the teaching and learning experience and dramatically improve student learning outcomes. This course focuses on why formative assessment is important and how to effectively use it in the classroom with the help of several online tools. The participants in this course will learn to use free assessment tools like Answer Garden, Padlet, Socrative, Kahoot!, ClassKick, and NearPod to help them formatively assess their students’ learning. This course fills the ISTE Standard 2 requirement.
Contact Clint with any questions.
Looking for more options? Our sister Service Center, Central Utah Educational Services (CUES) is also offering courses within the EdTech Endorsement. Below are the courses they are offering, beginning on January 10:
- Classroom Integration of Educational Technology , 12 week, 3 credit core course
- Utah’s Online Library: Secondary Grades, fills Utah’s Online Library requirement
- Game-Based Learning and Gamification , fills ISTE Standard 1 requirement
Starting on February 28:
- Teaching and Learning with iPads, fills ISTE Standard 3 requirement