Next Gifted and Talented Endorsement Course Fall 2022: Questioning Strategies
UVU registration information is below.
We are ready to start registration for the second course of Fall 2022 Gifted and Talented Endorsement Classes: EDUC 520R – Questioning Strategies. This class fulfills the elective course requirement for the Gifted and Talented Endorsement.
This class will be completed completely virtual through Canvas. The class begins on November 17, 2022 and runs through December 15, 2022. The instructor will offer virtual support throughout the course, but no class meeting attendance is required.
Here is SEDC’s LINK to register for the class and to distribute to others. (This link will only register you with SEDC you will also need to complete UVU registration for college credit).
SEDC: There is a charge of $100.00 for this 2-credit endorsement class taken through SEDC (if you are planning on your District/Charter to pay for this charge, please contact them and receive approval prior to registering).
Utah Valley University: UVU charges $15.00 per credit for class credit. This is a two-credit class. So tuition will be $30.00 (there is a one-time admission fee of $35.00 if you have never taken a class from UVU).
Please see the information below to register at UVU for credit:
EDUC 520R – 417 – Questioning Strategies.
(2 credit hours)
FALL 2022 Semester. Instructor: Gen Freebairn
*Contact the course instructor for the schedule and location of classes and/or web link.
THESE COURSE REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS ARE ONLY FOR THOSE WHO HAVE PREVIOUSLY COMPLETED THE UVU ENDORSEMENT PROGRAM ADMISSION PROCESS AND HAVE COMPLETED AN ENDORSEMENT COURSE IN THE PAST TWO YEARS. IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN ADMITTED AS A UVU ENDORSEMENT PROGRAM STUDENT, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO REGISTER FOR ANY ENDORSEMENT COURSES UNTIL YOU COMPLETE THE ONLINE ADMISSION PROCESS AS OUTLINED IN THIS HYPERLINK BELOW.
You must refer to the admission instructions while completing the online application that you will open from a hyperlink within the instructions. Be sure to choose FALL 2022 as the semester to start classes in.
ONLINE UVU COURSE REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS
Here are the directions to register online for this UVU class. These instructions are for those using a desktop computer as the format of web pages may vary when using a smart phone or tablet. Please follow these directions carefully and realize that the steps may come in a slightly different order than outlined below and there may be additional requests for information and/or authorizations.
- Go to: my.uvu.eduand click on “Sign In.” Sign in with your UVU ID# followed by @UVU.Edu. (For example:: 12345678@UVU.Edu). If you have forgotten this number go back to the “Sign In” page and click on “UVID lookup” right below the “Sign In” tab. You can also call the UVU Tech Support: (801) 863-8888.
- Input your password. If this is your first time ever registering for an endorsement class, your default password is your birthdate: MMDDYYYY. You will then have to change your password, and you will likely have to enter the new password two times. If you have previously attended UVU, the default password will likely NOT work, so you will have to remember the password you previously used or reset your password by calling the computer technician at (801) 863-8888. Call this number for any troubles related to logging in. Do NOT try to reset your password online as it will not work – so, call that number.
- Once logged in, go to the left-hand side and click on “STUDENTS.” You will then see a drop-down menu right below “Students.” Click on “Registration and Academics.”
- In the second column look for the heading “PLAN & REGISTER.” Below that heading, click on the 3rd line down, “Add/Drop System – Great for making schedule adjustments.”
- On the “Registration” page under the question, “What would you like to do?” select the first option, Add/Drop/Waitlist Classes.
- If this is the first time you have registered with the online registration, you will be asked to accept that the information you provide will be shared with the UVU databases
- After clicking on “Accept” to the terms listed, you will be taken to the “Select a Term” page where you will see a drop-down menu. Choose “2022 FALL” (be careful to NOT choose the “Non-Credit” term). Then choose “Continue.”
- Then, you may have to agree to the “Student Financial Responsibility” statement by clicking all of the boxes and then clicking on the “I Agree, SUBMIT” button. You may also have to read through other screens and agree to the statements on each screen. One of the last screens may ask for your “Electronic Signature.” Finally, you may have to review your personal data and update it as needed. You may also have to “Select a Term” again, so choose “2022 FALL.” Once you follow through all of these pages, you should see ”Register for Classes” at the top of the page.
- Read these instructions very carefully as this is where many teachers make a mistake… Right under “Register for Classes,” look very carefully and you should see four tabs across the top. The first tab says, “Find Classes” and the 2nd tab says, “Enter CRNs.” Click on that 2nd tab – “Enter CRNs”.
- You should then see, “Enter Course Reference Numbers (CRNs) to Register.”
Check to make sure it says “Term: 2022 Fall.” Then enter in the CRN box this 5-digit number:
- Click on ”Add to Summary.” Two boxes should then pop up at the bottom of the page. The one on the left will show the UVU schedule for the class (please note that this will likely vary from the actual schedule that your instructor will be following. ALWAYS check with him/her on the actual schedule, class meeting time, location or web link, etc.). The box on the right is labeled “Summary.” Verify that you are registering for the correct course that is listed.
- The “Status” column on the right side of the Summary box should read, “Pending” and the “Action” dropdown menu, will read “Register.” Leave that alone. Do NOT change as you do want to “Register” for this class.
- If all the information matches the class you want to register for, then click on “Submit” in the bottom right-hand corner.
- You should then see a revised page with the Summary box showing the class listed in it – but now underneath “Status” it should show “Registered.” If so, you are now registered for the class.
- Once registered, your final step is to pay the $45 course registration fee.
PAYMENT OF UVU COURSE REGISTRATION FEES
*Additional instructional fees are charged by SEDC. These instructions cover only the UVU $45 course registration fee. Please mail a check for $100 to SEDC at 520 West 800 South Cedar City, UT 84720
You have two options for paying the UVU course registration fees:
- 1. Go to: my.vu.edu. Log in using your UVU ID# and password. (This is NOT the login which looks like an email address.) If you have forgotten your password or you are unable to log in to your account, call 801 863-8888 for assistance.
- Once you have logged on to myUVU page, go to the left-hand side and click on “STUDENTS.”
- In the drop-down menu, click on “Paying for My Education.”
- In the 2nd column under “MY STUDENT ACCOUNT,” click on the first option, “MAKE A PAYMENT.”
- You should see that the “Amount Due” is $45 per class that you are registering for. Click on the circle [ o ] next to “Amount Due” and fill in that amount in the box on the right.
- Click on “Continue”to make the payment. Select your payment method – Electronic Check (no payment fee) or Credit Card (there is a service fee to use a credit card). You will need to click on “Select.”
- You will then need to fill in your bank information or your credit card information and complete the transaction.
PAY BY CHECK?!?!
Instead of following this online payment procedure, you can also pay by check or money order. Checks or Money Orders should be made out to Utah Valley University. Please include your UVU ID number on the check and mail to:
Utah Valley University
Bursar’s Office MS-109
800 West University Parkway
Orem, UT 84058