Google CS First is a free program that increases student access and exposure to computer science (CS) education through after-school, in-school, and summer programs. All clubs are run by teachers and/or community volunteers.
- are completely free and available online
- are targeted at students in grades 4th-8th (ages 9-14)
- can be tailored to fit your schedule and needs
- involve block-based coding using Scratch and are themed to attract students with varied interests
The goals of CS First are:
- Increase confidence when using computers
- Instill courage to try new things
- Grow perserverence when tackling difficult problems (grit)
- Provide a sense of belonging in technology for underrepresented students
- Demonstrate the impact that CS has in careers and communities
No experience is needed, and all training materials are provided! No computer science experience is necessary to host or volunteer. CS First provides all the training and materials you need to successfully run and lead a CS First club. All training and materials are free and available online. If you are hosting a club in the United States, you can also request materials at no cost to you.
Learn more below, or get involved now!