In this 12 week online course is designed to provide an analysis of theoretical foundations of instructional design and practical applications in design practice. The course will examine multidisciplinary and multicultural influences upon instructional theory and development. A broad range of current design research and theory, and future directions in design theory and practical applications will be explored. The course provides hands-on experience in designing and developing a self-directed learning material using current theories and research.
Credit: 3 SUU Credits
Course Type: Online
Course Level: Beginner
Cost: Free to Utah Educators
Endorsement Category: Core Course
Expected Learning Outcomes:
At the conclusion of this course participants should be able to:
- Create media-rich educational content.
- Write effective, measurable learning outcomes.
- Create multi-layered rubrics for assessing student work.
- Design assessments based on desired outcomes.
- Map strategies for learning activities that link to outcomes.
- Critically evaluate tools and methods.
Submit a culminating project using tools and resources learned from the course.